My Northern Wisconsin

Covering Ashland, Iron, Lincoln, Oneida, Price, Rusk, Sawyer, Taylor, and Vilas Counties

DONATIONS NEEDED FOR RESCUED SICK CATS AND KITTENS

Catkins Animal Rescue, Inc., with assistance from Price County Humane Officer Mindy Dabler, rescued cats and kittens from a large local colony.

The cats and kittens have a host of health issues that need to be treated.  Some have upper respiratory illnesses, eye infections, ear mites, ear infections, and other medical conditions.  Several of the adult cats are pregnant and ready to deliver litters of kittens very soon.

Of course, along with being sick, the cats and kittens are scared and stressed, but they are all friendly.  Once they are back to good health, they will be ready for adoption and will get a chance at wonderful lives, but their medical concerns need to be taken care of first so applications are not being accepted for these cats and kittens just yet.

Speaking of those medical needs, Catkins advised, "The costs to get them back to a healthy state and spay and neuter them will be significant.  If you’re able to help support the care of these deserving cats, please consider doing so by clicking the Donate link at the top of the Catkins website.  This could not be done without your support, and we are forever grateful for our community far and wide!"

Catkins is the only Price County rescue service.  They receive many calls per week for animal surrenders, strays, and colonies.  They are limited on space, resources, and staff but will work with the animals day and night to make sure they receive the care they deserve.  "They don’t have a voice, so we become that for them!" Catkins shared.

To make a difference in the lives of these cats and other pets, click the Donate Link at https://www.catkinsrescue.org.

Written By:  Lynne Bohn, MyPriceCounty.com

---

MY PRICE COUNTY / MY NORTHERN WISCONSIN HAS REACHED ALMOST 12,000 HOUSEHOLDS; GET FREE NEWS IN YOUR INBOX

Want to see more free news stories, events, help wanted ads, and more?  "Like" the My Price County Facebook page and the My Northern Wisconsin Facebook page.  You can also register to see free news in Price County and beyond.  To sign up to receive our FREE "News Highlights" e-mail, send your e-mail address with "Subscribe" in the subject line to contact@mypricecounty.com  Your privacy is important to us.  We never give away or sell your e-mail address.
(This post was last modified: 02-18-2023, 01:41 AM by My Northern Wisconsin.)