My Northern Wisconsin

Covering Ashland, Iron, Lincoln, Oneida, Price, Rusk, Sawyer, Taylor, and Vilas Counties

ELECTION TO BE HELD ON TUESDAY, APRIL 2, 2024

The Presidential Preference Vote, Nonpartisan Office, and Referendum Election will be held on Tuesday, April 2, 2024 in Wisconsin.

On your ballot for the presidential preference vote, you will be able to vote in either the Democratic or Republican primary.  Democratic Party candidates are Joe Biden, Dean Phillips, or Uninstructed Delegation.  Republican Party candidates are Chris Christie, Vivek Ramaswamy, Ron DeSantis, Nikki Haley, Donald Trump, and Uninstructed Delegation.

In Price County, Mark T. Fuhr is running for circuit court judge.

Justin Lindgren and Jon Pesko are running for Area 1 of the school board for the School District of Phillips.  Information about Justin Lindgren can be found at this link.

Dianne Gierman and Mallory Hueckman are running for school board in the Village of Prentice.

In District 6, Rodger Price and Paula Houdek are running for county board supervisor.

The county, municipal, and school district candidates are as follows:

The state referendum questions and an explanation of them can be viewed at this link.

The Town of Elk, Town of Worcester, and School Districts of Prentice and Rib Lake have the following referendum questions:

Town of Elk residents who voted by absentee ballot need to be aware that their ballot will likely be returned to them.  According to the town clerk, "The return label was in the wrong spot and therefore caused the envelope to be returned to [the voter's] address instead of the Town Hall."  A new envelope was sent to Town of Elk residents who requested an absentee ballot.

Anyone who voted by absentee ballot can track their ballot at this link.  Enter your name and date of birth, click search, and then click "View My Request."  After a few seconds, your absentee ballot's status will display.  The date the ballot was received will appear in the last box on the webpage.

[Image: subscribe.jpg]

MY PRICE COUNTY / MY NORTHERN WISCONSIN REACHES OVER 13,000 HOUSEHOLDS; GET FREE NEWS IN YOUR INBOX

To sign up to receive our FREE "News Highlights" e-mail, send your e-mail address with "Subscribe" in the subject line to contact@mypricecounty.com.  Your privacy is important to us.  We never give away or sell your e-mail address.

We are an unbiased news source providing free news to the community through facts and not rumors, trying to get all sides of every story.  Established in 2012, we are a newspaper that offers all our news online and free of charge as a community service.

To help us provide free news to the area, we appreciate any news tips, press releases, or information being sent to us via our contact form or contact@mypricecounty.com.  A lot of our contributors are local volunteers wanting to make a difference in our communities.  We appreciate them and any businesses who are interested in advertising to sponsor our free news, receive advertising of their business, and help with our goal of promoting Price County.
(This post was last modified: 03-29-2024, 09:27 PM by My Northern Wisconsin.)