My Northern Wisconsin

Covering Ashland, Iron, Lincoln, Oneida, Price, Rusk, Sawyer, Taylor, and Vilas Counties

SUSPECT ARRESTED IN PARK FALLS SHOOTING DEATH - UPDATED

Christopher Dyer, (DOB 4-1974), is a 50-year-old Park Falls man being held in the Price County Jail for the offense of First Degree Intentional Homicide.  He is allegedly the suspect in connection with the shooting in Park Falls that resulted in a death on April 13, 2024.  Read the related story at this link.

My Price County reached out to the Price County Sheriff's Office and Park Falls Police Department, but they stated the Wisconsin Department of Justice (DOJ) is handling the investigation. We then reached out to the Wisconsin DOJ, the Minocqua Police Department, and the Oneida County Sheriff's Office, as the suspect was allegedly arrested in the Minocqua area. We are waiting for confirmation of that arrest location and any other details and will update this story when more information is received.

Updated 4-19-2024 at 4 p.m.:  The Wisconsin DOJ replied to our questions with "No additional information is available at this time."  A victim's name has not been officially released as of this publication.

INFORMATION RELEASED ON HOW SHOOTING SUSPECT WAS APPREHENDED
Updated 4-22-24

Patrol Captain Tyler Young of the Oneida County Sheriff's Office responded to My Price County's media inquiry.  He stated that Christopher Dyer was arrested in connection with a shooting in Price County.  The arrest came from a request for assistance by the Price County Sheriff's Office.

He explained, "A traffic stop was conducted at approximately 7:30 p.m. on an access road near Trig's in Minocqua after the law enforcement observed a vehicle they believed Dyer to be in.  Woodruff and Minocqua Police Departments, as well as the Oneida and Vilas County Sheriff’s Office, and the Wisconsin State Patrol were involved in the traffic stop."  The traffic stop occurred about 3 1/2 hours after police received a report of gunshots.

Due to the traffic stop, Dyer was taken into custody.

Updated 4-23-24

While the victim's name has not yet been released by authorities, an obituary for Denise Schwarz states she was " tragically taken away from her family on Saturday, April 13, 2024."  Further, on June 6, 2023, Denise Schwarz filed against Christopher Dyer for eviction and money in the amount of $5,045.36.  Five days later, she filed a harassment restraining order against him.  The court found probable cause that Christopher Dyer had engaged in harassment against Denise Schwarz.  The harassment injuction was to remain in effect for four years.

---

MY PRICE COUNTY / MY NORTHERN WISCONSIN REACHES OVER 13,000 HOUSEHOLDS; GET FREE NEWS IN YOUR INBOX

To sign up to receive our FREE "News Highlights" e-mail, send your e-mail address with "Subscribe" in the subject line to contact@mypricecounty.com.  Your privacy is important to us.  We never give away or sell your e-mail address.

There are two newspapers in Price County.  Established in 2012, My Price County / My Northern Wisconsin is a newspaper that offers all news online and free of charge as a community service.  We are an unbiased news source providing free news to the community through facts and not rumors, striving to get all sides of every story.

To help us provide free news to the area, we appreciate any news tips, press releases, or information being sent to us via our contact form or contact@mypricecounty.com.  A lot of our contributors are local volunteers wanting to make a difference in our communities.  We appreciate them and any businesses who are interested in advertising to sponsor our free news, receive advertising of their business, and help with our goal of promoting Price County.
(This post was last modified: 04-25-2024, 01:25 AM by My Northern Wisconsin.)